So what better excuse than a Beauty Tag where I get to answer questions about skincare, makeup, hair. My beloved sub-niches!
So, introducing The Beauty Tag!
This particular one was created by Tokoni Larry. She’s a Nigerian fashion blogger and is great at what she does. Plus she’s friendly as well as professional. She’s just great!
Without wasting any more time, let’s get into it!1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
It was this MIDI lipgloss that had a roll-on like applicator. It had different flavors too. My favorite was cherry.
If you don’t know what I’m talking about, start calling me Aunty!
2. Is there any type of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Well, since I’m barefaced 90% of the time(hard to believe, I know), I can absolutely do without carrying any makeup out.
But if I do have to, I’ll pick my Victoria Secret lipgloss. You can tell that after all these years, I’m still a lipgloss girl.
3. Do you have a Beauty budget or you spend freely?
I’m a big planner. I plan my daily activities, my meals, my hair, my budget! So before I purchase anything, I make sure I do my research. And I also make sure I have money set aside for it.
Although, to be very honest, there is a 1% scenario where I go to buy something from a real store and I see something else and I go for it. That is the singular reason why I prefer online stores.
4. Do you like trying out new skin care products or do you keep to a certain routine?
I do not have much of my skin care figured out at the moment. So, I am open to trying out new things. And by that I mean, new products.
5. What is your top Beauty tip?
Always take off your makeup before bed.
I can’t emphasize enough on that.
6. Random fact about yourself.
This fact isn’t even Beauty related. Lol. It is that, I do not watch TV. And maybe that’s why I’m missing all the big brother action.
7. What skin type do you have? Combination gang! I’m more combination to normal. My pores are almost not visible. I hardly ever breakout. My TZONE can get oily after a number of hours of wearing makeup but nothing too serious. Hashtag Blessed! 😂
8. What is your current facial cleanser?Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser for face and body. As I said earlier, I’m just starting to really get serious with skin care. This was a gift from my mom and I love how gentle it is.It is my pre-cleanser. I use it after using the Biococooil coconut oil to take off my makeup. After using this, I use my neutrogena wash.
9. Do you do your own mani/pedi or do you go to the salon?
Because of school, I am required to keep short, clean nails. And so, I only do my nails temporarily when I have a shoot or something.
For this reason, diy press-on nails are necessary. So I do all my DIY press on nails myself so I can easily take them off.
10. Describe your skin care routine in five words.
My skin care routine at the moment involves the following
masking and then
11. What is your favorite skin care product?
Coconut oil! For skin, hair, life! Lol. Just pour coconut oil on everything to make it better. My favorite for skin at the moment is the one from @biococooil. It is pure and organic.
4C! The coiliest, kinkiest of them all!
I’m just glad for social media that has shown me a lot of girls that do a lot with their hair regardless of texture.
Because of them, I’ve learnt that you don’t have to have ‘mixed’ hair to do pretty hair styles.
That’s the end of the tag! Don’t forget to check out Tokoni’s blog! And tell her I sent you!
So comment down below anything you can relate to.
Do you like these type of posts?
Comment below and I’ll be sure to do more of them.
Thank you for reading.
Till next time,